The DNV GL Group is following the COVID-19 situation very closely. Immediate action continues to manage health and business risks related to our operations and to protect communities.
Since the start, Crisis Management Teams at local and Group level have provided guidance on preventive measures. We work continually to prevent the presence of the virus on our premises. Primary focus continues to be the health and safety of our people, partners, customers and their respective families. Putting safety first, we strive to minimize disruption to our operations and support customers’ business continuity.
We have put in place the following measures to minimize the spread of the virus and protect people:
- Travel restrictions
- Office closures, reducing the number of persons on the premises and/or enabling work from home
- Use of virtual communication tools for online customer meetings and remote audits, webinars and online internal and external meetings, etc.
- Extensive information on preventive measures such as hand hygiene and availability of hand sanitizers
- Continual information on situation and guidelines for specific geographies, and how to behave in case of symptoms
- Heightened hygiene controls and prevention measures at office premises.
DNV GL is monitoring official announcements from national and local authorities, International SOS, and the World Health Organization for developments. Instructions and guidelines to all employees are coordinated by our Group crisis team. Additional hygiene and preventive controls are deployed in areas where the virus is spreading.
To limit disruptions on supply chains, we are in close dialogue with accreditation bodies, scheme owners and other stakeholders on how to ensure certificate validity, for example. We provide all stakeholders with regular updates on our services to limit any disruption to customers.
As the situation progresses, we will continually adjust our internal protocols to ensure that people are protected and to help customers keep their supply chains operating. With this having become a pandemic, it is crucial that we respond to COVID-19 in line with the WHO (World Health Organization) and country specific-guidance from official authorities to minimize impact. DNV GL will keep all stakeholders informed as the situation develops.